X-Definition is a language that is used to describe validation and processing of data in XML format.
X-Definition has an almost identical structure to the described XML object. This allows you to quickly, and more or less intuitively, design the appropriate X-Definition for a given class of XML documents. The advantage of X-Definition is that it is a much simpler way of writing while maintaining flexibility, which increases the clarity and maintainability of these templates. Gradually, this technology was extended to the processing of data in the form of JSON and YAML and with the possibility of constructing such data.
We have made the X-Definition (X-Definice) software available as Open-source under the license Apache 2.0. We regularly update and expand the technology.
What will X-Definition help you with?
What will X-Definition bring?
- Checking (validation) and processing of XML data during validation
- Construction and transformation of XML data
- Detailed reporting of error situations and the possibility of program error handling
- Possibility to call external methods in Java in various stages of processing (check of code values)
- Generation of Java classes representing processed XML data (so-called X-components, like JAXB)
- The generation of Java classes representing processed XML data (so-called X-components, like JAXB)
- Ability to work with XML documents or JSON objects
- Processing of unlimited data (many GByte, “stream” mode)
Our Satisfied Clients
We created an Operations Information System for the Czech Insurers’ Bureau (CIB), which supports CIB’s daily activities, and Supina and its members (insurers). It is a set of application programs that have been further developed and maintained since 2000. The applications provide services over basic registers – policies, adjusted claims, traffic accidents, insurance and claims processing progress. The OIS applications use our X-Definition technology for the description, validation and processing of data in XML format.
We created an Operations Information System (OIS) for the Slovak Insurers’ Bureau (SIB), along with the Claims Adjustment and Sanctions Information System (CAPIS). Both information systems support the daily activities of SIB and its members (insurers), and comprise a set of application programs that have been further developed and maintained since 2000. The applications provide services over basic registers – policies, adjusted claims, traffic accidents, vehicles, both within the OIS as well as in the claims adjustment and collection system. The OIS applications use our X-Definition (X-Definice) technology for the description, variation and processing of data in XML format.